I can be reached by Email at: wilson.jim.r<at>gmail.com, or by leaving a note on my contact page.
I am an expert at MediaWiki, as evidenced by my:
- Commit access to the MediaWiki core (handle: jimbojw)
- Articles on MediaWiki development, including:
- Widely used MediaWiki extensions, such as:
- WikiArticleFeeds, which generates RSS and Atom feeds from MediaWiki pages (in use on my blog)
- EmbedVideo, which gives editors the ability to add videos to a wiki from such sites as YouTube, Revver, and Dailymotion
- ArticleComments, which allows visitors to leave comments on a page using a friendly, non-technical input form
I was a technical reviewer for the O'Reilly MediaWiki Book (estimated availability: October, 2008).
I am also an expert at PHP and MySQL, the technologies on which MediaWiki is built.
Although I am a relative newcomer to HBase, I have already made a name for myself with my articles:
I have also submitted several patches to the project which have been accepted, including:
- HBASE-608 which addresses DNS interface specification, and
- HBASE-569 which supplies a demo client implementation in PHP.
I am also an expert at Hadoop and Java, the foundation technologies for HBase.
I've also authored a miniseries of articles specifically about Ajax which includes:
Other Technical Writing
For more samples of my technical writing, I recommend these articles: