With trephine you can:
- read and write from the file system,
- open sockets for listening,
- connect to remote systems
- access the system clipboard, and much more.
Most modern operating systems and browsers are supported. See platform support for details.
- Demos - Interactive tutorials, examples and documentation to get you started quickly
- Blog - Check out the project blog to keep track of new developments. [subscribe]
- Getting started - Learn how to hotlink trephine resources from your project
- Contact - Got feedback?
Creating ultra-rich, desktop quality, web applications shouldn't be hard.
Traditionally, an application developer had to make a fundamental choice for each project: desktop or web. On the one hand, a desktop application has great control over the user's system, but requires an explicit download/install process prior to first run, and often requires significant effort to build, test and deploy in a mixed-OS environment. On the other hand, a web application makes cross-platform development and delivery much easier, but at the cost of losing powerful desktop features such as multi-threaded development and file system access to name just two.
The goal is simple: make cross-browser, cross-platform web development the most powerful and easiest way to deliver feature-rich graphical applications. In other words, make the browser the obvious choice and never look back.